The fermentation technology is a broad field and as a learning front we are very much confined to the use of microorganisms and enzymes for production of compounds that find application in the energy, chemical, material, pharmaceutical and the food sector.
In fact, fermentation technology has evolved in the marketplace and the fermentation technology products have been complimenting pharmaceutical & bio-manufacturing companies for the production of many products. An aspirant learning on fermentation technology are in much demand and a experienced fermentation technologist are very much required by companies who undertake fermentation technologies.
The course focuses upon:
- The aspirants would extensively master various fermentation methodologies
- The methodologies could involve research & development in the fermentation technology.
- Providing working knowledge on bioreactor design
- Fermentation and harvesting techniques
Module: 1 Overview of Microbial Fermentation
Module: 2 Laboratory
- Recombinant protein production in bench-top fermenters
- Fermenter setup and sterilization
- Fed-batch strategy and experimental design
- Inoculum development, fermenter inoculation, pH and DO preparation, and calibration
- Continuation of bench scale fermentation-harvest
- Oxygen mass transfer in 10-liter fermentor
- Pilot scale (100L) fermentors
- Fermentor setup, sterilization and preparation for inoculation
- Fermentation monitoring and control
- Troubleshooting issues
- Harvest and processing of 100-liter fermenters
- Continuous flow centrifugation